Saturday, November 29, 2008

Potatoes are the REAL transformers: 51 down, 9,142 to go


Sweetie and I got all of our Christmas shopping done yesterday. I'll give the full details next week, but in the meantime, here's a list of the things I got yesterday:

-- Two "Mr. Potatoheads," the Transformer and the Taters of the Lost Ark kind.
-- An Orange Julius (finally!)(and it was excellent.)
-- One eye roll and one head shake from fellow shoppers, both of which I'm pretty sure were entirely undeserved.
-- A lecture by Sweetie on when one should use one's blinker to turn into McDonald's to get an eggnog shake, also entirely undeserved. (The lecture, not the shake. The shake was deserved.)

Song 51 is not a Christmas Song, but it should be, as demonstrated by the video. Song 49 also answers this question: Weren't ALL Mr. Potatoheads "transformers?"




Okay, it doesn't answer that question at all. But it's a valid question. And I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes." Potatoheads were also the original "Muppets."

Song 51, by the way, is "Music Box Dancer" by Frank Mills,a song that I can play on the piano as one of my many hidden talents.

Down ... to Go... is the only blog entry feature that combines listing every song on my iPod with Potatohead trivia. Song 50 is here.

No comments: