Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Then again, a 40 year old doing a keg stand is kind of ridiculous. Or cool. Probably more ridiculous, though.

At 40, I don't have to worry so much about planning for spring break vacations, but we've got Middle and The Boy who are planning on going off to college in the next two years, and there's always Oldest, who I'm sure will continue to take part in all the fun aspects of the college-age years without the drudgery of actually attending classes.

If they're going to take spring breaks, though, I can at least insist that they be smart about it. Make sure, for example, that their bail money is in traveler's checks because most jails don't take debit cards. (Don't ask me how I know that.) And plan it the right way -- using Xtreme Trips -- www.xtremetrips.com -- to plan the ultimate (or Xtreme-timate?) spring break: get the best time for the lowest cost.

And what spring breaks these are! Acapulco, the Bahamas -- it's a far cry from Fort Lauderdale and 15 people in a hotel room. This site has searchable trips and incredible prices once you find the one you want. There's even a way to be a rep for the company and travel for free by organizing the trip for a group of people.

I can't keep them from going on spring break -- and looking over that site, maybe I don't want to. In fact, maybe I want to go on Spring Break.

No comments: