Monday, August 04, 2008

Two Down, 7,939 To Go.

Part two of my continuing series to countdown every song on my iPod, a task as Sisyphean as, well, Sisyphus'. Or Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged's job.

Today, it's "Bittersweet Samba," by Herb Alpert & His Tijuana Brass. I like to put this on while I cook dinner on Saturdays, and pretend it's the 60s again and we're all going to sit down to a hearty dinner eaten off plates that, although we don't know it, are radioactive. Plus, shag carpet!




Here's the thing, too: I like Herb Alpert because my dad used to listen to his Herb Alpert records on our old hi-fi. So, kids, be careful: You never know what aspects of your parents are going to sink in. I missed out on "hard working" and "good with tools," but I got "likes Herb Alpert."

I pass on my own skills to my own kids -- like gambling; read about that here.



Jim Falls









Rachel's not sure where she came from or what she's supposed to do, unless she really is trying to take over the world with a little help from her Octopus, a Valkyrie, and her lover Brigitte. Read Lesbian Zombies Are Taking Over The World!

No comments: