Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No, look, I'm totally serious about this. I like the song. (Awesome Covers Of Already Awesome (?) Songs)

Yesterday morning, Mr Bunches was watching a video that combined some sort of Japanese amusement park with Rebecca Black's "Friday"--

-- I know, that actually sounds pretty phenomenal, right? But I don't know what video that was and I'm at work, so I'll have to see if Mr Bunches ever finds it again--

-- and Sweetie asked what the song was; after I told her it was Friday, she said she kind of liked it and had never actually heard the song itself before.

I agreed with her that the song isn't bad, and I don't care what anyone else says.

But you know what's better than Rebecca Black's Friday (which I've now listened to at work a couple times?) Awesome covers of that song, like:

The Meatloaf Version:





The Bob Dylan Version:





The I'm Not Sure What Genre This Is But It's Pretty Neat Version:





Bluegrass:




The Campfire Singalong Version:






The Literal Version:




The a capella version:







And of course, Stephen Colbert's version of the song, which you can find here.

No comments: