Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Dogs speak English, of course. (Quote of the Day.)


"That's silly, lady. That dog doesn't speak Chinese."
-- Me.

I didn't actually say that, but I did think it, and here's why:

We were at the park a while back, and Mr F wanted to do on the swingset, where an Asian woman was pushing her daughter on one of the swings. They had a little dog tied up nearby, and as we approached her, the dog began barking -- at which point the woman said something to it in her own language, which is when I thought the quote of the day.

The dog immediately quieted down, so it turns out I was wrong.


2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You should have said, "Engrish".

I have an award and a meme for you. Mutt is boycotting it because it's kind of stupid. However, if you have nothing to blog about, it gives you something.

Rusty Carl said...

That's great. I always wondered if I went to Russia with my dog if she would have problems communicating with other dogs. They would bark in Russian, right?