Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I had a double major, in law and "that is most definitely not art." (I Get Paid For Doing This)

This diagram:


is from a meeting I had this morning. You, with your lack of law schooling, may not immediately recognize what that is, so I will tell you.

It's a statute of limitations.

Let's look at it again:




Do you see it now? Over on the left there, that flat line, that's your statute of limitations beginning to run. Then, a lawsuit is filed (the large vertical line), after which the statute is tolled, and then the lawsuit ends (the second vertical bar) which means you're then you're filing more motions and some of those motions may reopen the case which reinstates the tolling period which...

... is why you pay people like me a lot of money.

Trust me.

It all makes sense if you pay me a lot of money.

1 comment:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Your art is intriguing but I doubt it will be shown in Paris anytime soon.