Friday, May 01, 2015

I'm (mostly) back!


I'm back.  My trip was for a three-day trial in the above courthouse that turned into a 4-day trial and involved, at one point, me being awake for 33 out of 36 hours.  We won, which made it all worth it, although trials -- and I say this as a trial lawyer -- are never really 'worth it.'  

So I'll post more pictures and stuff soon, once I get caught up on sleep and clear the tension out of my mind.  You can't spend a whole week thinking about things like extrinsic proof of prior conduct and the rule against hearsay and Millie The Horse and a lot more without having to take some time to let it all settle down.  

That and I need to spend some time with the family.  It was the first time I'd gone without seeing at least once a day since forever.

No comments: