Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The only way to improve it would be to get a cool mascot. I suggest "Sparky."

SocialSpark is the next big thing in social networking, blogging, and earning money.

This year, I began making some money off of my blogs, which were and are always a labor of love, but were and are also intended to help me lose the shackles of my day job and spend my days writing full time. With some help from Izea, I've moved a lot closer to that dream -- and am getting closer to my goal (moving to Hawaii to write full time) all the time.

Now, Izea has come up with an even better innovation: SocialSpark. Take it from me -- yes, I'm getting paid for this post, but I'm also a member of SocialSpark and wouldn't mislead you -- SocialSpark is to blogging and social networking what, well, what the Internet was to communication and information. It's that innovative.

SocialSpark takes the basic idea of selling ad spots on blogs and websites and advances it leaps and bounds through a couple of innovations. First, it allows you to "queue up" for ads. So unlike other sites, where you have to lurk around and hope to get some business, SocialSpark lets you find the ads you like and if all the ads are sold or reserved, you can put your name in line and wait until a slot opens up -- and they'll notify you.

SocialSpark also offers sponsorships for blogs, and, more than that, offers a way for bloggers to network and share information and promote each other's writings. It's like being at a convention of fellow writers, all the time -- without having to go to Cleveland.

Sign-up is easy, registering your blogs is a snap, and everything then gets running smoothly, letting you meet up with other bloggers, sell ad space on your blogs, and most of all, keep writing and sharing your thoughts.

Having worked with Izea for a couple of months now, I'm very pleased to have been given a chance to get in on the ground floor of SocialSpark. If I have any criticisms, it's that the site got so popular so quickly -- it can be slow to load at times, so be patient-- but it's better to be too popular than not popular enough, right?

No comments: