Monday, September 29, 2008

8 down, 9, 097 to go: Some corrections, and an update.


I need to publish a few corrections and an update here.

First, in my recent post "7 Down, 9,105 to go," I made several errors. One was that headline; it being song 7, it should have read "7 Down, 9,098 to go." Otherwise, I appeared to imply that there were 9,112 songs on my iPod. A second error was that Mr. Hassemer was my 11th grade chemistry teacher, not my 10th grade, as I initially reported.

See? Unlike "scientists," I admit when I'm wrong. I have to point that out, because that post was all about how "scientists" were either wrong or deliberately misleading you, and I don't want to lower myself to their level; that's how it works, you know: One day, you make a mistake and don't own up to it. The next day, you're pretending that velociraptors existed. Well, I stand above that.

Scientists don't, you know: "Scientists" don't admit their mistakes. They just keep misleading you into thinking that things are okay, something they might be doing even as we speak, since "scientists" have shut the Large Hadron Collider down, claiming that there was a "helium leak," a leak that will require several months to fix because first they have to warm the area up and then they have to cool it back down again.

I think it's pretty clear, though, that we can't trust "scientists" to tell us the truth about what's really going on -- and I suspect that what's really going on is one of two things:

(A) Either "scientists" turned on the Large Hadron Collider and it did create a black hole, a black hole which is slowly swallowing up Europe, and they're trying to keep the panic down, or

(B) "Scientists" turned on the Large Hadron Collider and it created a duplicate Universe, one they're ill-equipped to deal with because unlike some experts (me) they learned "science" in colleges rather than from comic books.

To me, either explanation is equally likely; I'm not buying that "helium" excuse. If it's just helium, answer this: why hasn't anyone seen Switzerland lately?

Right.

So onto the third correction, and the update:

The third correction is aimed specifically at Middle, and it is this: Middle, "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice is by no means even CLOSE to as cool as "Down With OPP" by Naughty By Nature. It's just not.

That comes from Middle yesterday interrupting my efforts at cooking frozen pizza for dinner while listening to some classic rap music like "Parents Just Don't Understand" and "Down with OPP" and "Bust a Move." She interrupted it to play what she considered a classic rap, the abominable "Ice Ice Baby." Kids have no taste in music and it's impossible to cook pizza, even frozen pizza, while listening to Ice Ice Baby. But it's very enjoyable to cook frozen pizza while listening to Bust a Move.

And, finally, the update: Everyone may recall my struggle with Mr F and his shoe while shopping. Well, this morning, Sweetie took the Babies! to Wal-Mart, and she reported this, via email:

We just got back from Walmart and we lost a sock.

Further investigation revealed that Mr F threw the shoe, which Sweetie caught, and then later threw his sock while she was distracted. All of which means one thing: I'm winning at parenting!

Finally, today's song: The acoustic version of "Time is a Lion," by Joe Henry. I don't have the acoustic version on my iPod, so I guess, technically, I'm lying about this being on my iPod. I'll publish a correction to that later on.


Semicolon







Do you like sports? Do you like Gisele Bundchen? Do you hate sports blogs, though? Then read Nonsportsmanlike Conduct! -- the sports blog for people who love sports but hate sports blogs.

No comments: