Monday, January 26, 2009

Quote of the Day: 8


"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

-- Bill Peterson, football coach.

While the transformation of my former sports blog is complete, that doesn't mean I've stopped thinking about sports entirely, or even slowed down thinking about sports. But that's okay, because sports are ...

sports is... ?

Should it be sports
are or sports is?

Sports are/is applicable to all aspects of life. Anything you can say about sports, you can apply to your life in general. Don't worry that in in doing so, you may be stretching the metaphor so far that the Former Worst President Ever Bush Administration would ask to use it as a form of interrogation. Just go ahead, in your next meeting, and lay that quote on people. Then say "And by Super Bowl, I mean sales figures. Although I don't actually mean sales figures, because sales figures are just an expression of the sales you guys are making. And women, too. I'm not forgetting you women. So what I really mean is Super Bowl means sales, guys and girls. I suppose, though, I should call you women. So here it is, one last time, my pep talk: Men and women, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl, by which I mean sales that will be represented by the sales figures we will keep track of for all the sales you make. Which I suppose is also not quite right, because we're a law firm."

Can't you smell the inspiration?

PS: The picture here is the first image that came up when I googled the phrase smell the inspiration.

Quote of the Day 7 is here.

Ultimate present:


No comments: