Monday, December 06, 2010

Quote of the Day, 51


"Can you believe those ugly uniforms?"

-- The Boy, talking about the Green Bay Packers' throwback uniforms worn on Sunday's game against the 49ers.

The Boy blurted that out, with no prompting from me, as I came downstairs yesterday to eat lunch and watch the Packers' game with him.

What makes this such an important quote is that on Saturday, Mr Bunches and Mr F and I had spent about 4 hours going from store to store in Madison trying to find The Boy an Aaron Rodgers' throwback jersey, and, having not found one at the malls, I had Sweetie go online and order him one from the Packer pro shop Saturday night -- just hours before he uttered this quote.

When I asked him if he was serious, he said "Yeah," and added that he really hated them.

"I was going to get you one for Christmas," I said -- not telling him that I had gotten him one.

"Oh," he said, and then, after a moment, said "You still could. I could just start an Aaron Rodgers' jersey collection."

(The picture, I know, has nothing to do with this post. It's just one of those Transformer robots you get with a Happy Meal. We've got three of them so far -- I'm trying to stock up while I still can.)

No comments: