Monday, August 24, 2015

I'll get to the 10 minutes later today but...

In the meantime I've started a new thing, and since the posts are longer than I like to do here, now, I've set it up on its own site.

The new thing is called
  "Adventure Squad!!"  

It's sort of a travelogue about our adventures with the boys: humorous reviews of (mostly) free stuff we do.

If you get a chance, check it out. The posts are long, so leave some time to read them. They'll be put about about 1 every 1 or 2 weeks, and I'll note here when I do.

In addition to discussions of the places we travel to (mostly around our house) the entries contain scathing social commentary (the rich own death rays!), interesting tidbits about stuff (do you know why we call it a See Saw?) and the usual stream-of-consciousness string of non sequiturs you've come to expect from me.

Here's a sample from the first post, "Four Corners Park: Live Like The Rich Play!"

So I turned right and turned around in the driveway of a rich person, thereby lowering their property values by 0.00001% ("A middle class person drove here, didn't they?" future home buyers will ask, instinctively feeling the presence of a car bought on sale and used to transport generic sodas from Woodmans.)
We drove back again, looking more closely, and I caught a glimpse of what might have been a swingset through a break in the trees.
"It's Four Corners playground," I told the other Adventurers, who greeted me with silence because they were reading books about the solar system and/or trying to get out of the elaborate system of harnesses some of them must be rigged into to avoid them clambering all over the car as others of us drive.
"Should we get out?" I asked.
Silence.
______________

Click here to read the rest.



No comments: