Friday, August 12, 2016

More summer pictures


Continuing from yesterday. This is another shot of Lake Pepin from my trip up north:



It is hard to tell from this, but that is a bald eagle. I saw 6 or 7 of them flying around that day. That's only the second time I've seen a bald eagle in the wild.



This is the sunset over Lake Mendota, looking from Madison across the lake (roughly) towards my house on the other side (and up the hill from the lake a bit.)

Sometimes when Mr F needs calming down, I take him for long rides down to downtown Madison, and we drive back through the UW-Madison campus. One night, we drove down a little dead-end street among a variety of student housing, and found it ended in a cul de sac that looks over Lake Mendota. That's where I took this picture.




This is from a park about a quarter-mile walk from our house. We walked there one night to wade, and found they'd put in a beach to swim. It was early June and we had the entire beach, and seemingly the entire lake, to ourselves.



This is my grandson; on the 4th of July we watched him, and were going to go to the beach with him and the boys. It was rainy and cold, so we went to the McDonald's nearby for breakfast and playing. He was dancing in an apparent effort to impress a little girl that was just out of the frame.


One night, while building a Lego Angry Birds castle with Mr Bunches, Sweetie was upstairs reading, and I noted that Mr F had been very quiet over by the couch; he was on the floor in front of the couch and I couldn't see him. So told Mr Bunches to peek over and see what he was doing.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah he's fine," Mr Bunches said.

Five minutes later when I got up to get a drink, I saw that "fine" means "taking all the stuffing out of a couch cushion."



And here is that castle:





2 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

I'm surprised Mr. Bunches didn't say he was awesome and go join him.
heh

I had some bald eagle photos, but I'm pretty sure I lost them in my hard drive crash. They might be old enough that I have them stored on a flash drive somewhere, but I haven't looked to see what's on that drive, yet.

Liz A. said...

When you ask one child to check on another, you need to be way more specific.