Friday, August 05, 2016

OK this guy deserves the Nobel Prize for real.

I was skeptical of the article on Jalopnik entitled "I have invented the ultimate food to eat while driving" but I read it because I frequently eat while driving. From last night, where we had to make an emergency trip to the pool for Mr F, who was inconsolable and asking for it so clearly that we decided it was worth it for me to take him instead of sitting down to eat dinner, to the times I'm on the road for up to 8 hours a day and don't want to sit at a restaurant to eat a meal, I have a need of foods that can be eaten one handed, especially while wearing a shirt and tie. (I don't wear my coat in the car. This isn't Victorian England.)

But the guy really did it. Here's the concept art:


I would 100% exist on that if I could. The whole article is worth reading, not just because of the idea, but because of how he worked out why this would be so perfect. I want one with sausage on one side and eggs and cheese on the other for breakfast, and a pizza one for lunch, with the side being cheesy garlic bread. I can't stop thinking about the varieties. Also now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

The idea of putting it in a cup holder makes me want to gag.

But this is certainly better than the guy who wanted to make sandwiches in a can.

Liz A. said...

This is a good idea for someone like you. They haven't actually put it into production? Someone should get on that.

Briane said...

Andrew, you're just going to have to join modern society and realize that if it doesn't fit in a cupholder it's not worth knowing about.

Liz, I would imagine that somewhere some Nabisco exec or something got his entire production staff out of bed when that article began circulating.

Andrew Leon said...

But modern society brought us Trump. I'm not sure I want to be a part of that.