Sunday, September 04, 2016

Operation Sandman: Night 18 Is The Hill I Choose To Die On.

Night 18:  In bed at 8:30. Falls asleep by 9:30.

Night 17: Mr F asleep at 8:15, wakes up at 1 and 3, goes back to sleep relatively quickly.
Night 16: Mr F asleep at 10,  wakes up at 11, and 1:30, up for about an hour each time.

Night 18: Mr F wakes up the first time at 11.

Night 15: Mr F asleep about 8. Wakes up twice, about 1 and 3, goes back to sleep after a whileNight 14: Mr F asleep at 10. Wakes up at 1:45 a.m., never goes back to sleep. 

Night 18: Mr F asleep at 11:30, wakes up again at midnight.

Night 13: Mr F asleep at 8:30, wakes up twice at 1 and 3, goes back to sleep after a while.Night 12: Mr F in bed at 8:30, falls asleep at 10:30, wakes up at 4:45, doesn't go back to sleep.Night 11: Asleep at 8, got up once or twice for short periods of time.

Night 18: Mr F still awake at 1:45 a.m. I take him for another ride.

Night 8: Mr F in bed just past 8, falls asleep about 9:45, up twice for about 1 hour each time, around 2 and 4.Night 7: Mr F in bed just past 8, falls asleep by 8:45, wakes up twice for about an hour each time.

Night 18: Mr F still awake at 3 a.m., tries to go downstairs to play the piano.

So this is three weeks into it, and it's not getting any better.

So it's 3:15 a.m. and I can't focus my eyes because I'm so tired.

So it's 3:15 a.m. and now Mr Bunches has been woken up by Mr F.


I told Mr Bunches that if he wanted to, he could go downstairs and sleep on the couch because things were going to get loud.

Then I told Mr F that this was it, and he would have to sleep in his room the rest of the night, or stay there and play quietly.

I closed the door and put the hook on and heard Mr F start crying and knocking on the door. I opened it and told him to lay down. I covered him up. I started to leave and he stood up crying and pulled at my hand. Mr Bunches asked if I could quiet him down. I got Mr Bunches his headphones and said he could come and sleep on the couch tonight, or he could put his headphones on. Mr Bunches put his headphones on and I tucked Mr F in again and closed the door quickly as he got up and pulled on it.

I went and laid in our bed. 3:30 a.m. He was knocking and pounding on the door and crying at the top of his lungs.

At 3:40 I went downstairs and got him one of his exercise balls to bounce on, and his Kindle tablet. I took it upstairs, tucked him in, started Ice Age on his Kindle, gave him his tappers, told him I loved him, and left, locking the door.

At 4:00 I went in, because he'd been crying again and pounding on the door nonstop. I tucked him in again, restarted Ice Age, told him he could bounce on his exercise ball if he wanted, took him to the bathroom to see if he had to go, and told him that this was it: I wasn't coming back in there.

Around 4:30 he quieted down.

Around 6:00 a.m. Sweetie got up and let them go downstairs. I slept in until 8.


Andrew Leon said...

Does this mean you're at the "cry it out" stage?

Briane Pagel said...


And it's working. Last night he didn't cry it out at all.