Friday, November 28, 2008

Arecibo is in South America, right?

Just today, in our newspaper, there's a story about 5 UW students who just discovered a galaxy. I love that kind of stuff - -and I didn't realize that I loved it until I took an astronomy class my fourth year of college.

But I do love it, and kids everywhere will likely love astronomy if they're given a chance to do so -- a chance you can give them without sending them to the Arecibo Observatory (like those UW Students). Instead, you can go the much cheaper and much less South-America-ish route of getting them one of the telescopes or solarscopes available from OpticsPlanet.net.

OpticsPlanet.net has telescopes at prices that are... okay, I can't resist this... Out of thiw World! Ha, ha! But really, they are great prices and they have refractors, reflectors, Newtonian, just about any kind of telescope that exists. (Not the Very Large Array. I said "Just about.")

Not sure what's the difference between a Newtonian and a Refractor telescope? I could link you to a 40,000 word article that makes it all clear -- but instead, just ask OpticsPlanet.net's customer service staff. They'll tell you and it'll all be perfectly clear.

Like the view of the night sky through the telescope you get for your son or daughter.

See what I did there? I'm a pro.

No comments: