Monday, November 24, 2008

Cookie Stashing: 49 down, 9,143 to go.


Last night, The Boy came home with not one, but two huge chocolate-chip-and-nut cookies from his job at Panera. So I helped myself to one, showing a little restraint for a change, and left the second one in the bag for whomever might want it.

Then, today, I took out the lunch Sweetie had made me, and found that she'd gone back and added the second cookie into my lunch.

You can talk all you want about what makes a marriage work -- love, respect, blah blah blah. What makes a marriage work, really, is when one spouse understands the other well enough, and cares enough, to stash the second cookie in the first spouse's lunch.

Song 48 has nothing to do with any of that. It's "The Car Song," by Cat Empire.



Down...to go... isn't always limited to marital advice. Sometimes I also just make vague references to songs that readers then make vague references to poems about. Speaking of which, "Kick," let me know what poem and what song you're talking about!

Emoticon:





Rachel's not sure where she came from or what she's supposed to do, unless she really is trying to take over the world with a little help from her Octopus, a Valkyrie, and her lover Brigitte. Read Lesbian Zombies Are Taking Over The World!

No comments: