Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two songs Sweetie likes, for no particular reason. (Stuff, and Junk.)

No particular reason for posting them, that is. I don't know why Sweetie likes them.

The first is Katy Perry's Firework:



Is that song really called just Firework? Apparently so, and yet another reason for me to dislike Katy Perry.

Sweetie played that for me last night, and later caught me humming the tune, and said that proved I liked it. I pointed out that something can be catchy without being good -- most of pop music being my Exhibit A -- but she didn't believe me.

The second was Grenade by Bruno Mars:



And while I'm not crazy about that, at least it's not Katy Perry.

And I have to hand it to Sweetie, who I've frequently pointed out is the least hip person in America: She's getting better. Her taste in music isn't, but she is.

No comments: