Monday, October 27, 2008

And instead of snowmen, I could see cactuses. Cacti? I'm not sure. But I want to see them.

It's about this time every year, as the days get short and the snow starts falling -- SNOW!! Before November!!-- that I start dreaming of moving someplace warmer and less expensive. We live in a REALLY expensive area, which would be nice if I earned money that could keep up with that really expensive area.

But I don't. I don't make the big bucks and I do freeze year in and year out for, like, seven months of the year. And I don't know why I stay here, because whenever I start dreaming of moving to a warmer place, I start looking at warmer places I could actually move to and then I hit on Arizona, and I look at things like Scottsdale AZ real estate and I realize that I could live in a warmer, nicer climate for less money.

I just did a search on the site that link goes to, and there are dozens of houses that are comparable to the one I'm living in -- all of which are less expensive for me to live in than the one I currently live in. Some of them are bigger -- one has a swimming pool, a pool I could use year-round instead of for the 30 minutes each year that Wisconsin has summer.

The real estate market around here is crazy -- houses are too expensive for most people to move into, and who would want to, given the weather? It's no wonder I'm looking out the window at the gray skies surrounding the too-costly houses in my neighborhood, while looking on my computer at the houses I COULD be living in, all available through Scottsdale Fine Properties, and all more affordable than my current house.

No comments: