Thursday, November 13, 2008

I like all kinds of art: Paintings, Sculptures, Mosaics, Garfunkel, whatever.

Let me let you in on a secret. I am buying this:

Don't tell anyone. Especially don't tell Sweetie, because this is the kind of purchase that is best done at my "work" computer using the credit card she left laying around accidentally, and then having it arrive and I put it up over the couch in the living room and just... SURPRISE! and hope for the best.

(I can put this on my blog without worrying about telling Sweetie, because Sweetie does not regularly read this unless I let it slip out that I was making fun of her or something, in which case she'll go read it and then change the garage door code on me so I can't get in.)

That painting, called "Squared In," ordinarily costs $405. But I'm getting it for only $249 thanks to Whitewalls, which sells art, great art, for less, over the Internet. They've got modern art and classic reproductions (like "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh, which I'm getting next)and metal art and canvas art, all available for viewing, and purchasing, on their site.

They even offer free shipping, which you knew I would have to mention because I love getting free stuff.

But I love getting art even more; a painting, like "Squared In" can recreate an entire room. One minute, it's a boring old living room with a couch that appears to have macaroni and cheese ground into it. (It appears to have macaroni and cheese ground into it because it does have macaroni and cheese ground into it. I'm not very good at making Mr F and Mr Bunches eat at the table.) The next minute, thanks to some new piece of art you got, the room is transformed into something out of a museum or gallery, a splash of color and geometric shapes and intrigue and interest.

Whitewalls has something for everyone over there; while I like the modern art, they've got traditional things, too, and some in multipiece numbers, and more. So get yourself something to decorate your room and bring a breath of fresh air.

And don't tell Sweetie about the macaroni and cheese, either.

No comments: