Friday, December 05, 2008

Dad: Hint hint hint.

I'm thinking I can get Dad to get me a grandfather clock this year:

That's the Bulova Trafalgar Golden Oak Grandfather Clock, and isn't it awesome? Up until I saw that I've been a fan of the modern grandfather clocks, but I'm feeling a little traditional these days and that Bulova grandfather clock just seems traditional -- solid, fancy, worth having around and keeping around, the kind of clock that will stand in our living room, serving as a focal point for the family, and will preside grandly over family events -- over Christmases and birthday parties and then visits from grandkids and then more birthday parties and then retirement parties, and then it will move to one of the kids' houses, to continue to serve as a sentinel for their lives.

That's the kind of thoughts a grandfather clock like that inspires: Time, extending out peacefully and happily and with a touch of class. Time, and family, and beauty. Because that clock IS beautiful; it really is.

I can probably get Dad to buy it for our family for Christmas because it's on sale for a great price at 1-800-4clocks.com, where they've got every grandfather clock you can imagine: fancy, simple, modern, old-fashioned -- even a Harley Davidson grandfather clock. So I'm serious -- every grandfather clock you can imagine.

They've got, too, the entire Howard Miller clock collection -- clocks so perfect you almost don't want to bring them home. Almost.

They'll even help you learn more about the grandfather clocks through their blog -- and about how clocks can be used for a variety of purposes, things you never even thought about, like how a grandfather clock can be used to help sell your house. They don't have a blog post on how to get Dad to buy me one, but I'll probably be able to take care of that on my own.

No comments: