Monday, December 01, 2008

Use with caution: 52 down, 9,141 to go.


I listened to this song one day driving home from work when I was feeling a little down and a little stressed out, and it started to make me feel even MORE down but in a good way -- you know, the way sometimes you just want to hear a sad song -- and so I kind of pegged this song as a sad song.

But then it came on this morning when I was shoveling snow and leaves off of my driveway before I got ready to go to work, and I was in a pretty good mood because it's December 1st and there wasn't that much snow and I don't have a busy week, and the song made me feel even MORE in a pretty good mood.

It's that kind of song, the kind of song that if you're shoveling snow-and-mostly-leaves off of your driveway (mostly leaves because you've not bothered to rake your yard this year) and you're in a good mood, it'll make it better, and if you're in a kind of crummy mood because you're caught in traffic and your day wasn't so good, it'll make it worse. But it'll make it worse in a better way.

Use song 52 with caution: "On The Radio" by Regina Spektor.



Down... to go... is the ONLY Internet listing of all the songs on my iPod AND how those songs relate to my life, AND how song 51 relates to Mr Potato Head.

Ultimate present:





vocabulary learning

No comments: