Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's all because of the Donald: 53 down, 9,140 to go.

It is either The Boy's or Donald Driver's fault, that's all I've got to say.

I mean, I drive 116.1 miles, round trip, to a court hearing -- through at least four different towns and about 10 different changes of speed and across my favorite bridge ever in the world...

... and if you don't have a favorite bridge, why not? Get one. It'll change your life...

... and then I'm five minutes from home, or maybe 10 minutes when you consider that I've got to stop and get milk and chocolate chip cookies, per the text message from Sweetie, and then, then I get pulled over for speeding, for the second time in nine days, and the cop claims I was doing 41 in a 25, which is obviously incorrect, but even if it was correct I would only have been going that fast because the road was going downhill and because I had just called home to ask Sweetie if The Boy was at home because Green Bay Packer Donald Driver was in town signing copies of his new kids' book

... and why does Green Bay Packer Donald Driver have a kids book? I don't know...

so you can see how it's either The Boy's or Donald Driver's fault. Not mine.

Not mine.

Song 53: "Wish You Were The Woman," by Libbie Schrader. It has nothing to do with this story, as usual, but it is kind of mellowing, and I need that.




Down... to go... : All the songs on my iPod, all these things that I've done. Song 52 is here.

No comments: