Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hokey religions, ancient weapons, and "Vorrororowrmshs:" 60 down, 9,291 to go


Last night, the only part of How I Met Your Mother that I really paid attention to was the part where Marshall, at the end [HOLIDAY SPOILER ALERT!] cut the turkey with a green lightsaber.

Yesterday, too, a coworker mentioned to me that the iPod Touch has a feature where you can have it look like a lightsaber and when you move it, it would make the lightsaber sound. I said, and I quote: That is cool.

Then I made the lightsaber sound, which is kind of like Vorrororowrmshs. That is a sound that any man who has ever seen "Star Wars" or any of the "Star Wars" movies should be able to make -- and secretly loves making.

In fact, I will go so far as to say that at least, at least 75% of the appeal of the lightsaber is the sound it makes. I, and most men, would buy anything that makes that sound. If they built vacuum cleaners to make that sound when operated, we'd buy the vacuum and then we'd do all the vacuuming.

The other 25% of the appeal, of course, is slicing through stuff, which we would do incessantly. All our wives would ever hear is: Vorrororowrmshs. Vorrororowrmshs. Vorrororowrmshs. And all we would ever hear is That better not be my shoes you're slicing through.

But it wouldn't be.

It would be the couch.

Song 60: Long Long Time by Guy Forsyth. Because he mentions "Star Wars."



On Down...To Go, you get to see each song on my iPpod, coupled with moments of my life that I know you were dying to share. Song 59 is here.

Hey, remember when I went to Florida last summer? No? Well, if you read this, you will. And you'll laugh.

banner

No comments: