Friday, December 12, 2008

I "Dig" this bed. I know, lame, but I like my puns.

We have a boring bed. No offense to Sweetie, who picked it out, but it's JUST a bed. It's got the headboard and footboard and mattresses and all, but that's it. It doesn't add anything to the room or anything like that.

The kind of bed, the way it looks, doesn't make me sleep any better -- but it makes me feel better about my house. That's why, after all, we don't just pile mattresses on the floor. The bed we've got now is just a step above that.

Which is kind of a shame, when you think of all the different beds that are out there. Take Time4Sleep, which sells beds online. They have, I bet, over a hundred different styles of beds. No, I haven't counted them. But I've been looking at them, and they've got all kinds of different beds that not only allow you to sleep on them, but they serve as great-looking furniture that really dresses up the room and looks nice.

Like the "Divan Bed" they have, a bed that looks all modern and stylish, like it should be in the house of sophisticated, cool people. I'm thinking that Sweetie wouldn't like that as much, though, so maybe I could have talked her into, instead, an antiquey-looking bed like the "Como." It's a little girly, sure, but at least it's interesting.

Then again, the Babies! will be out of their cribs soon, which means they'll need new beds, like maybe the digger bed, which I'm sure the Babies! would love...


... and which I'd love, too. But I'd never be able to sell Sweetie on it.

No comments: