Monday, January 02, 2012

Today, Middle proves she reads my blog! (What the H?)

What The H? is a semiregular guest spot written by Middle Daughter, who retains that title even though the birth of the twins pushed her off the center spot. Here's one she emailed me before Christmas, but I'm lazy and didn't publish it until today. Think of it as reminiscing.

************************************************************

I love getting paid for this…haha!

So as many of you don’t know I am a cook at a hospital and this past weekend was Christmas and with that comes holiday cookies.

I love to bake and I don’t actually get to bake much at my job because I grill sauté and steam items. But I had the pleasure of baking and frosting over 200, yes 200, cut out cookies over the weekend for the patients as well as the employees and the families of the patients and employees.

For those of you who know how to make cookie frosting you can skip the next few thoughts while I give others how I made my very simple yet delicious frosting.

Frosting: -Powdered Sugar
-Water
-Almond Extract (Or Vanilla if you prefer)
-And to add a little creativity food coloring

With a little love and a little patients my cookies turned out like this…




This is obviously not ALL of the cookies but you get the idea.

I got paid for an hour to decorate cookies and they were even more delicious than they look. Decorate some cookies and make sure that you share with people you love. It will bring all of you closer.

1 comment:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I love cookies and cookies love me as witnessed by my spare tire.