Tuesday, January 03, 2012

250=1: The Complete List Of Stories and Explanation.

Page down for an explanation of this.

1. Children's Magazines Are Full Of Lies

2. Everyone In The World Is Copying Me In Advance.

3. What Happens When The Symbolism of McDonald's Cheeseburgers Is Questioned?

4. What Hannah Said When She Hugged Her Competitor

5. Higgs Boson's Adventures In Space: Episode 37:

6.  One Morning A Mother Gave Birth... 

7.  Han Shot First. No, He Didn't. Yes, He Did. Wait...

8.  These Dead Composers

9.  Introducing The Beatles?

10.  Q+U, A Love Story (Part One)

11.  Junior The Third.

12.  The Things We Don't Tell Are Most Important.

13.  Icarus' Lesser-Known Sister.

14, 15, 16, and 17:  Five Stories about Time Travel, all in one post:  "Time Travel Has Always Existed", "He's A Perfect Boyfriend, But..." , "Time Was...", "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Hunker Down Behind This Lead Windowshade," and "Thinking About Time Travel At The End (Or The Beginning?) of the Universe(s)". 

THERE ARE MORE OF THESE, but they now appear on my blog

lit

which is where my stories appear now.  So click HERE to go read more 250=1 stories.















250=1 is a new challenge I've set for myself. (Note: although it's beginning to be posted in 2012, it's not a New Year's Resolution, as I never make New Year's Resolutions. Why postpone doing whatever it is you intend to do? No, I'm starting to post it now because I had too much other stuff to post last week between Christmas and New Year's, and so didn't get around to this.)

250=1 came about because I like writing long stories. The longer the better, as far as I'm concerned, because if I like a story I never want it to end. And so I decided to challenge myself, the way I once saw a giant, steep hill in Oakland, California and went jogging there just so I could try to jog up that hill, but in this case the challenge was to write short stories.

And not just any short story: A short story of exactly -- exactly -- 250 words.

Counting the title.

I'll be posting new ones from time to time, so check back often.

2 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

Is this another feature you'll forget about after doing it once? Or where you'll change the rules because you can't write anything under 250 words? I think you lawyers are just allergic to writing anything short because putting in a lot of windy wording makes it seem like you know what you're talking about. I mean I get these garnishment orders at work from time-to-time and they are fucking impossible to read. It's all "the party of the first of the second to the infinity power..." Ugh.

Andrew Leon said...

I don't understand the point. I mean, according to you, especially with writing, you do it for the enjoyment of it, and, if you like long stories, why not just write long stories? Why try to force yourself to write things that are short?

I think short is overrated.