Tuesday, October 07, 2008

14 Down, 9,091 to go. (This song is a pretext!)

The main reason I picked today's song, Fidelity by Regina Spektor:



Is because I have been listening to a lot of Regina Spektor lately on Youtube, as I ponder buying one of her albums; I began listening to her on Youtube because I have the song Fidelity on my iPod (it's number 14 of 9,105) and I like that song, so I went and listened to other songs by Regina Spektor on Youtube, and then I found this song,




Which is That Time, by Regina Spektor, and which I've now listened to about five times in a row, and each time I've listened, I've laughed when she got to the part where she says "So cheap and JUICY!" so I decided that I had to post this video, here, because that's the line in the song that pushes the song from good to great, but I don't have That Time on my iPod, and I do have Fidelity on my iPod.

So I posted Fidelity as a pretext to posting That Time.

But, Fidelity also has some meaning today, because I had to interview someone by phone the other day, and that someone then was reported to have said that I sounded cute on the phone, and was said to have asked if I was single. I mentioned that to Sweetie, and Sweetie asked me whether I was wearing my wedding ring.

"Yes," I said, and added "And I was on the phone."

"Did you sound single?" Sweetie demanded.

We left it with her telling me to sound more married when I talk to people, and less sexy.


Like this? Read more, like:

Gooshing is a word -- right? It is when that's what's going on, in Gooshing My Way Through A Problem.

40 foot tall robots, carpet shopping, Mother's Day cards... all in a week's work
.

Parentheses:






No comments: