Friday, October 10, 2008

18 down, 9,087 to go!

I'm going to head on down to Chicago this weekend to watch my brother -- the one who can't give directions to the beach and thinks sharks and hurricanes are no big deal -- compete in the Chicago Marathon.

I'm a little confused as to how I watch someone compete in a 26 mile race, since I don't intend to run along with him. But I'll figure that out when I get there, I assume, and I'll be ready to holler at him as he goes by mile 13.6. I'm also not sure if I'm supposed to have some official duties here; he mentioned, in June, that people who watch sometimes give the runners encouragement AND refreshments, like Gatorade or beef jerky or something. I don't know -- I was having trouble paying attention at the time because I hadn't slept in four days.

Anyway, to celebrate that, I'll post song 18, the song I listen to most often when I go running, because it provides that jolt of adrenaline that's necessary for me to start running, or keep running, or, most days, just to think about putting down the Cheetos and putting on my shoes.

Plus, it's a good song to start your weekend, so here goes song 18 of 9,105: Common People, by William Shatner:




Read more:

Common People has a bunch of eleven spots in it -- and if you want to know what an "Eleven Spot" is, then click here.

Matt the Runner first showed up in this blog when our family went to Florida over the summer.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chicago Marathon can be viewed here: http://tubedirect.net/index.php?q=Chicago-Marathon-ONLINE
More than 500 cameras for surveillance over members and leaders. Maps, favorites and projected winners -all this in this video source. Highly recommended!

Anonymous said...

well this is sad time for US