Monday, October 06, 2008

12 down, 9,093 to go

If your day is seeming a little boring, or commonplace, or otherwise insignificant, I've got the cure for you, and the cure is song 12 in my Wowbaggerian countdown.

Whenever you think that what you're doing is not that important or will not matter all that much in the long run, try this: Cue up the song "All These Things That I've Done," by The Killers, and then try to synchronize your movements to the beat of the song.

I did that, this morning, getting out of Vuey and walking into work to begin a dreary day of "working." I synched my closing the door, my putting my briefcase strap over my shoulder, my walking up the stairs, to the beat of the song, and... Voila! instant significance.

Try it now, and see:



And, just for the fun of it, I've found and included an acoustic version, too -- to make your life not only significant and important -- but sensitive and touching...



Bumblebeez:







Do you like sports? Do you like Gisele Bundchen? Do you hate sports blogs, though? Then read Nonsportsmanlike Conduct! -- the sports blog for people who love sports but hate sports blogs.

No comments: