Wednesday, October 08, 2008

15 and 16 down, 9,089 to go


I was listening all day to the Regina Spektor album I finally broke down and went and bought after listening to her songs all day yesterday, when A Guy At Work came in and we began talking about music and it ended up with me telling him that Graceland by Paul Simon was the only album that I'd ever listened to on which I'd liked every single song. Not a weak song on that album.

So in honor of that, here's the best one off Graceland, Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes.



A Guy At Work was incredulous, though, and mentioned The Beatles. I fended him off by pointing out that on Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the song Within You Without You ain't that great. But then I stopped to consider Abbey Road and I think maybe Abbey Road is the other album on which there is no bad track and I like every song on it. So here's song 16, the best song off of that album, Oh Darling:

No comments: