Tuesday, October 14, 2008

21 down, 9,085 to go.

What else can I say about song 21, other than that it is definitely the single best song ever written about the ghost of a headless gunner fighting as a soldier of fortune in Biafra. Yes, it's Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner, by Warren Zevon:




That song takes its place in the pantheon of songs that I like to sing along with but which I then feel vaguely guilty about singing along with because I don't feel like I should be enjoying a song about a guy who [KIND OF A SPOILER ALERT BUT YOU REALLY SHOULD HAVE GATHERED THIS FROM THE TITLE] gets his head blown off.


Got a little more time? Why not read Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, and I'm Lost?

Celebrity Adoption:







Do you like sports? Do you like Gisele Bundchen? Do you hate sports blogs, though? Then read Nonsportsmanlike Conduct! -- the sports blog for people who love sports but hate sports blogs.

No comments: