Thursday, October 16, 2008

23 down, 9,083 to go.

A few weeks ago I began the massive task of redoing my running playlist -- every so often I go through and delete that one and pick another 200 of the most-adrenaline-pumping, most-revving-up songs.

Of course, my adrenaline-pumping and your adrenaline-pumping might be different. For example, many people would not include, in the category of "Songs That Make Me Able To Run Longer" the musical number Stop The Planet of the Apes, I Want To Get Off from "The Simpsons." But I do, and that's what helped me go the final four laps on my amazing two-mile run last night.

Despite the differences that may exist on some songs, we can all agree that song 23 is the kind of song that everyone loves and that if you are jogging or running, you should have on your playlist because it'll give you a great boost as you run and also it'll make you say "Really? That's really by The Clash?"

Yes, it is: Hittsville UK, by The Clash:

No comments: