Wednesday, October 15, 2008

22 down, 9,084 to go


Here's what I'm pondering this morning. As I came up out of the parking garage, there was a guy near the door out to the street. I saw him coming towards the door. I was coming up the stairs and I was about 15 feet away from the door.

This guy then opened the door and paused there, holding the door open for me -- but I was still way far away. When he paused there, I felt compelled to speed up and hurry to get to the door so as not to inconvenience him by making him hold the door open longer, even though I hadn't asked him to do it or anything. So was it really polite of him to hold the door open? Or was it in fact inconsiderate because it required me to hurry up the stairs and rush through the door so that he could feel good about himself for the rest of the day?

Yeah. Think about that for a while. See? I'm right, aren't I.

The song? That's Pon De Replay by Rihanna. I didn't put this on the iPod myself; Middle did. But I like it:



And the video is from Bring it On Again: The Rebringening, which I'd probably also like, given that I liked Bring It On.

Stop reading:







No comments: