Thursday, January 22, 2009

That's not why I was late for work, though: (The Great Ranking Of Problems, New Addition!)


This morning, while doing "Mr Bunches-Ups," which are like sit-ups only Mr Bunches sits on my chest and spills some of his milk each time I go back down, I noticed that I had a bit of a hangnail. So when I went upstairs to get dressed, I tried to clip it off, but couldn't quite get it. I tried to file it off, but that just scratched my finger. I tried to bite it off, and I figure I loosened it because then I was able to go back to Plan A and clip it off, only I clipped off a little too much and now I've got a lopsided-looking fingernail and the skin that ordinarily is protected there is exposed to the elements...

I will rank this at:

5,000: Lopsided Nail Clipping.

Prior entries:

173: Preshoveling & reshoveling snow.
...
721: Printer not holding a lot of paper at once.
...
7,399: Potato(E?)s?
. . .
15,451: Almost napping.
14,452: Worrying that there's too much peanut brittle leftover to eat before it goes bad.
...
22,372: Having hair which isn't quite a definable color.
22,373: Having too many songs on an iPod



Five Pages publishes a novel as I write it: Five pages at a time, each week day. Right now:

Up So Floating Many Bells Down:
Sarah's fiance has drowned, and while she struggles to convince the world, and herself, that he was killed, her brother Dylan up and moves to Las Vegas to pursue a career as a photographer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rid of those pesky bugs you pick when surfing the net.
One of the first things that I learned when I got my new computer was that if you own a PC then you better have a good antispyware scanner to help get rid of those pesky bugs you pick when surfing the net. Otherwise, your computer won’t keep running like new for very long. It will begin to slow down and eventually get so sluggish you won’t even be able to use it. I tried a variety of different scans before I ran across Search-and-destroy Antispyware at http://www.Search-and-destroy.com. So far I have been very happy with the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy and very glad that I gave it a try.