Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quote of the Day, 5:


To be loved, you have to be nice to people every day. But to be hated you don’t have to do squat.

-- Homer Simpson.


I have a collection of Homer Simpson quotes that I've made over the years; it's available at all times on my computer. With all the copycats, in the past, of that All I Need To Know... book which was supposed to teach us all how behaving like a kindergartner would lead to success in life (it hasn't worked for me, yet), I can't believe that nobody ever released an All I Need To Know I Learned From Homer Simpson book or calendar.


And it's too bad that trend died out, too. For a while there, we could gauge what was popular or good or trendy by looking to see who we were learning all we need to know from. Without that, how are we supposed to know who is popular, good, trendy, or important? I think the fading into obscurity of the All I need to know line is directly responsible for the decline of civilization as the public becomes unsure who to follow.

No comments: