Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quote of the Day: 6.

Love thy neighbor -- but don't pull down your hedge.

Benjamin Franklin.

And also don't walk out to get your paper at the same time as he walks out to get his paper, because if you do that, like I did this morning, you're going to have to wave and say "hi" at 6:05 a.m. wearing your Buffalo Bills' pajamas, and no good can come of that. One day, you're pajama-helloing, and the next thing you know, you've got a new friend who's going to take up all your time chatting with you every time you try to leave to go on a Baby Workout, and you're going to have to move.

I know what I'm talking about, too. The last place we lived, our neighbor Frank decided that he could come by every time he saw me in the backyard reading the paper -- sitting and chatting with me so that I couldn't actually read the paper, and ultimately forcing me to read the paper inside and not use the backyard at all.

Team Dad:



No comments: