Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Everything comes full circle, here. (3 Good Things From 10/6/09)

I'm back to telling the Good Things about the wife & kids, to0... so here's my 3 from yesterday...

1. I got to a really good (but really sad) part of Corelli's Mandolin, which I'm still reading (slowly). I don't want to spoil it if you haven't read it, so I'll just say it's the part where the war breaks out and Corelli and his men decide to fight against the Germans on the island and they run out of ammunition and get captured, and Gunter is ordered to execute them or he'll be killed, himself.

What? It's not like I told everything. I didn't tell what Carlo did.

2. I got driven to work by Sweetie and Mr F and Mr Bunches, because my car had to go into the shop to get the broken gear shift fixed, and The Boy wanted to have a car to get home from school, so I decided I'd be nice and not take his car again, leaving Sweetie and The Babies! to drive me to work, with Mr F narrating the drive in his own language most of the way. (He still makes more sense than most talk radio!)

3. The car repairs cost only $132, which was nice -- especially since they just went ahead and fixed it without giving me an estimate-- and I also got to ride the bus home and read Corelli's Mandolin during the commute.

No comments: