Tuesday, October 13, 2009

There is a girl in New York City who calls herself the human trampoline (3 Good Things from 10/13/09)

That title doesn't have anything to do with anything, it's just the part of the song Graceland that was playing as I'm writing this. Here's my 3 Good Things from yesterday:

1. "Learning time" rapidly devolved into "Blanket rides." Sweetie and I do 15 minutes of "learning time" with the Babies! each night, teaching them words and letters and numbers and drawing. Last night, Sweetie wasn't around, so it fell on me to teach the Babies! about "common household items" and "parts of the face" and "throwing and catching," and then "Getting Mr F's big green blanket and flopping it on them," and then "laying on the big green blanket and getting pulled around the house while Daddy sings a version of Magic Carpet Ride that goes "you don't know what/you can find/why don't you come with me, Mr Bunches/on a green blanket ride."

2. The Boy solved level three on the "Magic Pen" game, the level that had been stumping me. It's embarrassingly easy, too, as he pointed out to me in solving that level in about 3 seconds. In my defense, nothing in my life trained me to solve problems using a crayon.

3. The kitchen faucet started to work again a little, which raises hopes that I won't have to fix it. It stopped working on Sunday night, leaving us to use the spray nozzle until I could fix it on Monday, but Monday night I got stuck in a meeting until 7, so I couldn't fix it that night, and then last night I was home with the Babies! and no carseats, so I couldn't start fixing it because if I take it apart, and can't get it back together, I've got to go get a new faucet, and how am I going to do that without car seats? So I didn't try to fix it, but late last night, I noticed that instead of no water from the faucet, we're now getting a little water from the faucet, leaving me hopeful that whatever the problem was, the faucet is capable of working through it on its own. Come on, faucet, you can do it!

No comments: