Friday, October 16, 2009

These Things Didn't Happen... (3 Good Things From 10/15)

Today, I'm going to focus on 3 Good Things from yesterday by picking out things that weren't...

1. Mr F and Mr Bunches were not the Balloon Boy. Hoax or not -- and I'm betting it was a hoax or publicity stunt -- I'm glad that I did not have to worry that my Babies! were floating 10,000 feet up in the air clinging to a balloon like grim death.

2. The car brakes didn't go out before we had them fixed. I thought it would be a simple brake job to fix up the car, based on the fact that we'd only just heard the brakes grinding for the first time Monday. But our mechanic, who I really do trust, said the brakes were almost gone and also our tires were bald, which means that we caught it just in time.

3. An appointment canceled at my work, giving me extra time during the day. It's strange to think that sometimes doing my job leaves me not enough time to do my job, but that's the pickle I'm in occasionally, so when a hearing or deposition or trial cancels, I welcome the absence of things to do, because it lets me do other things to do.

No comments: