Monday, June 14, 2010

Doesn't the picture look sunny? It's very optimistic. Or symbolic. Or something. (3 Good Things From The Weekend)


A whole week stretching ahead of me. Well, not a whole week, since I'm planning on taking off Friday. That, plus the 3 Good Things from the weekend, made it possible to get out of bed this morning; and getting out of bed is so far the most productive thing I've done today.

1. The Boy graduated! Congratulations to The Boy, who managed to make it all the way through high school. While his final grades aren't in yet, he did get a diploma, and Sweetie and I stopped holding our breath at about 3 p.m. yesterday.

2.
The Silent Date. Sweetie and I were supposed to go over to our friends' place on Friday night; we had Oldest set up to babysit the Babies! and everything, but Sweetie got a cold on Thursday and lost her voice on Friday -- she was so hoarse she could barely whisper. We latched onto that as an excuse to cancel on the friends, but didn't want to miss out on a rare Oldest-Willing-To-Babysit opportunity, so we decided to go on a date anyway, going to the mall to buy some new clothes for Sweetie, then to dinner, and then a stop at the bookstore.

As an added bonus (for me, not for Sweetie), Sweetie's hoarseness meant that I got to dominate the conversation. Which I do ordinarily, but this time I didn't have to talk over Sweetie or wait while she tried to interject a thought.

3. The house at 11:45 at night Saturday night. Because we were having people over for a graduation party Sunday night, I cleaned the house Saturday night after the Babies! went to bed, letting Sweetie sleep as a present to her. I scrubbed all three bathrooms, washed windows, dusted (with dusting spray, even), and went so far as to shampoo the carpets. I finished up about 11:45 and then spent some time just walking around the house, marveling at the cleanliness. Both Sweetie and I agreed on two things the next morning: First, it's a great feeling when the whole house is clean at once; ordinarily, we keep it neat but we almost never superclean all the rooms in one day.

And, second, having the house clean like that, we didn't want people to come over and mess it up.

139 Down, 10,864 to go: I also did a bunch of yardwork on Saturday -- planting a tree and a rhododendron bush and some flowers and putting out solar-lights and sweeping and trimming and stuff. That's the one day of yardwork I intend to do this year.

That doesn't have anything to do with the song. I just wanted you to know I worked really hard on Saturday. The song for today if "First Love by Emmy The Great.

1 comment:

PT Dilloway said...

Getting out of bed is the most productive thing I've done so far as well this Monday.