Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Next year, eggs will be on the "bad list" again. Enjoy them while you can. (3 Good Things From 6/15/10)

I couldn't get out of bed this morning. Not because gravity was stronger or I was tied down or anything. I was just tired. Here's the 3 Good Things from yesterday that I used to lure me into rejoining society for another day:

1. Sweetie's "Maybe I Invented It" Chicken Salad Surprise: Last week, when we planned out our dinners for the week, Sweetie suggested her chicken salad, which she makes with chicken, mayo, grapes, and cashews-- making it healthy, in my book, as mayo is made with eggs which are deemed by science to be healthy this year. (Sweetie says they're not, but Sweetie doesn't eat bread, so her opinion doesn't count.) I got all the ingredients for it, but then we never got around to making it -- and then on Saturday, I looked at the chicken breasts, which had been just sitting in the 'fridge all week, and agreed with Sweetie that I thought they were suspect and shouldn't be used for food.

I'm not sure where we got the notion that food which has been refrigerated all week might have gone bad, but we both believe it and I don't like to take chances.

Having thrown out the chicken, I thought we wouldn't get Sweetie's Chicken Salad (which she's not sure she invented; she might have gotten the recipe from the one zillion cooking shows she watched when pregnant with the Babies!) this week, but Sweetie went and bought chicken yesterday, so I came home to find out we were having it anyway. And it was delicious.

2. Mr Bunches likes the piano! While cleaning up after dinner, Mr Bunches began dragging the chair from the desk across the living room. Rather than stop him right away, I let him continue because I wanted to see where this was going. I assumed he was going to take the chari and try to climb out a window or something, but he instead pulled it up to the piano and sat down and began trying to play music on it. Sweetie and I were so impressed that we began snapping pictures; all mine came out blurry, all hers came out great.

I also then immediately contacted 752 talent agents to try to get him on a Disney show. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I expect to be rich by about 1 p.m. today.

3. I got my laundry put away. It's not a big deal, but it was bugging me, all stacked in front of my dresser like that. Plus, I wanted my "Gaius Baltar For President" shirt to wear.


141 Down, 10,863 to go: In honor of the latest round of Take A Book, here's Love Astronaut by Murder Mystery:

No comments: