Friday, July 09, 2010

condensery (Friday's Sunday's Poem/Hot Actress 55)

Poet’s Work
Lorine Niedecker

Grandfather
advised me:
Learn a trade

I learned
to sit at desk
and condense

No layoff
from this
condensery
__________________________________________________________

About the Poem: Yesterday, I inadvertently wrote a poem that I'm going to advertently try to get published in The New Yorker, which efforts I'll someday claim were a genius work of performance art that entitles me to an NEA Grant in the range of a bazillion dollars (delivered to me in Hawaii, where I'll be living.) So today, I'm thinking about what it takes to write poetry -- as was today's poet.

About the Hot Actress: Sweetie picked her; we verified that she's over 30, and Sweetie also pointed out that she's not skinny -- which is kind of Sweetie's thing today, since it's only 7:48 and she's already made me discuss with her a picture of Jessica Simpson and whether Jessica is fat (we agreed she's not.)

Plus, adds, Sweetie "She's got a nerd husband. Jeff somebody."

Plus, adds me, judging by Google, she seems to live entirely in ball gowns.

No comments: