Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sweetie was wise to take away my credit cards.

Sometimes I think I enjoy planning and dreaming about vacations as much as I enjoy actually taking vacations. Okay, that's not true. But I do enjoy planning vacations and thinking about the vacations I might take and the places I might stay, like the klamath falls resorts I could go visit.

Have you SEEN the places you could stay around there? Check this out:
And this:

and this:Those are all views of the "Running Y Ranch," a full-service resort I found today. It's in what's called "Southern Oregon's Cascade Mountain" range, just across the border from California. But I don't care. It could be in the "Sea of Tranquility" range just across the border from the moon and I'd want to go there. (Although in that case, I'd also want a spacesuit.)

Here's a big selling point: 300 days of sunshine a year. Three hundred! With scenery like that, and even more to do, like golf, riding, spas, bird watching... and even an "adventure outfitters." I don't know what that is, but the Ranch's website has it as a category with a picture of a white-water rafting group on it, so it looks cool.

And there's an unlimited golf package they offer, which sounds great... but since I'd be taking Sweetie I'd probably opt for the "Par and Pamper" package, giving me a round of golf and Sweetie a 60-minute spa treatment while the kids go riding. Except for the Babies!, of course. They'd have to go with Sweetie.

Clicking around the Running Y's site is almost like being on vacation. I can almost feel that sunshine now. So if you go to that link and book it yourself, don't hog everything up on me -- save at least one good room.

1 comment:

lisapepin said...

Wow. That really DOES look beautiful.