Friday, June 12, 2009

(Hunk of the Week, 19)

Sweetie's Hunk of the Week is Jason Patric.

You/Sweetie Know Him As: The original good-guy vampire who was, despite being an undead soulless creature, actually kind of sweet and handsome. (Hmm... is there a trend in Sweetie's Hunks?)

I know him as: As the vampire from The Lost Boys, also. Let's face it: that's the only movie Jason Patric ever made, as far as anyone is concerned. And that was made, like, 100 years ago. It might as well have been one of those stereogram shows on a Magic Lantern in the 1880s.

Thing That Makes You Go Hmmm about him: Mostly this: Is he still alive? Let's check... I'll just google Is Jason Patric Still Alive?... and, it's a link to a Lost Boys DVD. Proving my point about how we know him, but not proving that he's actually still alive. The only other results on that page are a CNN interview transcript in which I bet he talked about The Lost Boys, and some more DVD results. But no proof he's alive.

The Reason I Tell Myself Sweetie Likes Him: Because she's into dead guys? I really don't know. I don't even really remember him. When I thought about him, I pictured him 50 years older or whatever and figured he'd be old and balding.

Actual Reason Sweetie Likes Him: "He has beautiful eyes."

Point I'd Like To Make About Sweetie's Reason For Liking Him: Look, there's still no actual proof he's alive, so let's not jump to conclusions about what his eyes look like these days.

Here's a bonus picture... EW magazine asked that question in 1981! (When he was still alive!)

No comments: