Sunday, June 07, 2009

I'm pretty sure my deodorant worked.

About five years ago, I was stuck in traffic on the way back from a court hearing. I had to get into the office and work the rest of a hot August day, and I was sitting in the car in my shirt and tie and sport coat and waiting for the traffic jam to let up, not moving...

... and the air conditioner died.

It was awful, relatively speaking. I know: I didn't lose a limb or live in Rwanda or anything, but relatively speaking, it sucked. With no AC and no movement to even create a breeze, I sat there sweating and then had to spend the rest of the day in the office hoping that I didn't stink and itching from dried sweat.

Then I took the car in to get it fixed and had to pay an arm and a leg for that, too -- which might have been worse than the sweating. "Parts are hard to get for this car," the mechanic told me.


He didn't know, and I didn't know then, about how to get an air conditioning compressor off the Internet, from DiscountCompressor.com -- an online source for all the AC parts you'll need. Click & order and save a bundle (especially if you're one of those smartsies that can put it in yourself.)

If I'd known about it, I'd have saved myself a lot of trouble. And money. And sweat.

No comments: