Sunday, January 10, 2010

After the shake, I had a Cranberry-Nut Muffin for dessert. (3 Good Things From My Birthday!)

As I slowly get back to my normal routine of not really working while also complaining about how much work I've got, I'm restarting 3 Good Things for Twenty-Ten. Since it was my birthday yesterday, there's no shortage of good things to choose from...

1. Mr F and Mr Bunches behaved in the library! If there's a person who doesn't like to celebrate their birthday by stopping at the library with their 3-year-olds, I don't know that person. Mr F and Mr Bunches and I swung by there after our morning workout, where I checked out for the Babies!, among other things, the CD/DVD of Here Come The 123s by They Might Be Giants, featuring this song, which might well be my theme song for Twenty-Ten:



And both boys behaved very well, not running off or getting too loud.

2. I watched two episodes of Lost, Season 3. I've made only one New Year's resolution. I ordinarily don't bother making resolutions at all, because I don't believe in putting off my goals until New Year's Eve; if I want to do something, I just begin doing it instead of waiting until an arbitrary day we've declared the "end of the year" to try to change my life for the better. But this year I made one, and it's this: Get caught up on Lost.

I made that resolution after reading how Obama's next speech won't cut into the 3-hour premiere of Lost's final season. After reading that, I thought "What kind of world do we live in where the President has to be careful not to delay the start of a TV series?" and then I thought "If this is Lost's last season and they're doing a big 3-hour premiere that's more important than the president, it's going to be impossible to avoid spoilers so I'd better get cracking and get caught up on that show."

Which is why, yesterday afternoon, I buckled down and really applied myself and made it through two episodes.

3. The Peanut Butter Fudge Shake I got at Sonic as part of my birthday meal. On your birthday, in our family, you get whatever you want for dinner . And what I wanted for dinner was a burger, and onion rings, washed down by liquid peanut butter fudge mixed with ice cream. But I'm health conscious; I got the regular size, not the large.

Here's some more They Might Be Giants to send you on your way:

No comments: