Friday, April 23, 2010

Not shaking the grass (Friday's Sunday's Poem/Hot Actress 50)



And The Days Are Not Full Enough

Ezra Pound

And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
Not shaking the grass

______________________________________________________________

About the poem: I was surprised to learn that Ezra Pound had written something other than In a Station of the Metro, a poem that would make a great TV series, but which also constituted the sum and substance of everything I ever read by Ezra Pound before today. Then I sat down today to pick the poem, and I thought "I wonder what else Ezra Pound wrote?" So I looked up his poems, and I read one, which was only okay, and then I read this one, which I liked. So now I've read three Ezra Pound poems.

About the actress: I read an interview of Catherine Keener in this week's Newsweek, and most of the interview was about how hard Catherine Keener tries to avoid fame and talking about herself. Normally, that kind of thing irritates me all to heck, but Catherine Keener was the only good thing about The 40 Year Old Virgin, and she was also in Being John Malkovich, and it kind of seem genuine with her, too, so I decided to give her a pass.


Have you figured out why I hate people yet? I'm giving you all sorts of clues, on Twitter and in a blog.

No comments: