Monday, May 17, 2010

Icee, youcee, we all cee for Icee? (Nah, doesn't work.) (3 Good Things From The Weekend.)

Monday -- and the Monday back at work after a 4-day weekend to celebrate my 10th Anniversary. Enough said. Here's my 3 Good Things from this past weekend that can't help but improve my day:

1. My blue raspberry Icee: Everything Sweetie and I did on Friday was excellent, from the shopping trip to the movie Iron Man 2 to ordering pizza and fried stuff. Among the highlights, though, the Blue Raspberry Icee needs to be singled out. Every time I go to a movie, I think "I should get a blue raspberry Icee," and then I just... don't. I get popcorn, and a soda, and go on with my boring humdrum life. But this time, I shook things up and got that Icee.

And it was delicious.

And I finished it before the movie started.


2. 68% of "Law Abiding Citizen," the movie: Yesterday afternoon, Sweetie was watching Law Abiding Citizen, and I was kind of watching and kind of reading an article about an economist in The New Yorker. Around about 2/3 of the way through the movie, I got interested enough to put down the article and watch the movie. (Sweetie pulled me into the movie with a comment about how there might be a twist-ending kind of thing going on.)

Almost immediately after deciding to fully commit to the movie, I fell asleep, and I ended up having to ask Sweetie how it ended.


3. The blackout got me out of Family Guy. Last night, The Boy and I and Sweetie were watching Family Guy for what The Boy termed "one last shot." That show has been aggressively unfunny lately and I'd about given up on it.

Last night's episode wasn't any different, really: more tedious and disgusting jokes, more blatant attempts to be outrageous, and a plot that seemed as though it had to be a parody of a movie.

Then we had the blackout -- about 2/3 of the way through the show, the lights went out all around the neighborhood, and stayed out until nearly 11. During that time, Sweetie and I and the Babies! watched 101 Dalmatians on our laptop (which had a full battery) while we got them back to sleep, and then, when the lights came back on, we didn't bother with the rest of Family Guy; we just went back to bed.
130 down, 10,819 to go: This is the absolute newest song on my iPod. I like the whistling; that's what lured me into the song Home, by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.

No comments: