Thursday, January 01, 2009

"Improbable but awesome" would make a good autobiography title then, too.

I didn't achieve my resolution for 2008 -- so I've made the same one for 2009. My annual resolution is this: Get one of my books published, make millions of dollars, and move to Hawaii.

I had hoped to do that in 2008, for both the obvious reasons, and for the less obvious, which is that I wanted to get on with my next resolution, that being quarterback my team to a Superbowl victory. I'm running out of time on that latter one, but Hawaii comes first.

I may be able to achieve the 2009 resolution, though, even before I get published, because I stumbled across a new website this morning, one that helps find Honolulu Real Estate and helps not only find real estate all through Hawaii, but also has valuable articles that help assess whether a move to Hawaii is a good idea (how could it NOT be?) and how the Hawaiian economy is working...

... and most importantly, they've got a whole page of tips and links about how to ACTUALLY move to Hawaii -- shipping a car, getting a pet in, the local government, and an email address to get specific questions answered.

Which means that as soon as I get done reading all those tips, I could be ready to up and move to Hawaii, fulfilling half of my New Year's resolution for 2009-- and I'm sure that in Hawaii's beautiful climate, I'd be an even BETTER writer, so it wouldn't be long until I made millions and was published, which means that in 2010, you'll be seeing this headline:

HAWAII-BASED WRITER QUARTERBACKS BUFFALO BILLS TO IMPROBABLE BUT AWESOME SUPERBOWL WIN.

All 'cause of that Honolulu Real Estate page. See the power it has? I've got to get cracking on this -- so I'll see you on the beaches. Or in the stands at the Superbowl.

No comments: